Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
Jewish Residential Services is a social service organization that supports individuals with psychiatric, developmental or intellectual disabilities, helping them to live, learn, work and socialize as valued members of the community. Our organization offers a culturally rich, Jewish environment that is welcoming to people of all backgrounds. We build on the strengths of the individuals we serve and help them restore a sense of hope for the present and future.
This position is responsible for administrative support as well as a wide range of general office management responsibilities including: processing agency payables and receivables, maintaining county contractual agreements and records, coordinating direct appeal campaigns, employee benefits administration, office maintenance, and purchasing.
- Provides administrative support to the Management team; processes accounts payables and receivables, collects and enters employee benefit information, and handles insurance and other contract renewals.
- Coordinates volunteers, mailings, and acknowledgements of donations for fundraising campaigns.
- Assists with basic IT issues and coordinates major issues with Network Administrator for the agency computer network and software systems.
- Maintains/manages maintenance agreements for (as appropriate) all office equipment, and serves as the primary contact for all technology service providers.
- Coordinates the purchase of office supplies and computer equipment for the agency.
- Office support activities including office file organization and answering general phone inquiries.
- Acts as the Chair of the Agency’s Health and Safety committee. Responsible to assure yearly re-certification of the committee, coordinate yearly inspections and related improvements as identified, communicates health and safety issues to the Quality
- Assurance committee and/or other board entity as appropriate.
- Assists Executive Director in preparing materials for board and committee meetings.
- Miscellaneous duties as requested.
SPECIFIC POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- In-depth knowledge of personal computer hardware, software, and databases.
- Ability to install, use, and maintain PC software including, Windows XP, Office XP, and other software packages as needed.
- Strong decision-making and organizational skills, with the ability to optimize the use of available resources and set priorities.
- Self-motivated, willingness to take on additional projects and learn new tasks.
- Flexibility to work extended hours on occasion.
- Use of discretion, tact and good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Bachelor’s degree and, proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products as well as ability to use other web-based software. Minimum of two (2) years of experience in office administration.
Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
A satisfactory current Pennsylvania Criminal History report will be required for employment, as well as a valid PA driver’s license, satisfactory driving record and proof of car insurance.
We offer excellent benefits including PTO, medical and dental coverage, life insurance and retirement plan.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
JRS - ATTN: Nancy E. Gale, Executive Director
2609 Murray Avenue, Suite 201
Pittsburgh PA 15217
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
JRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
I am proud to be a part of an agency that recognizes the potential for growth in both its consumers and staff members and works to empower all of us.
My years at the Clubhouse and JRS have been – and continue to be – immensely fulfilling.”