Director, Sally and Howard Levin Clubhouse
Jewish Residential Services is seeking a Director for its Sally and Howard Levin Clubhouse, a nationally accredited psychiatric rehabilitation facility in Pittsburgh, PA. The Clubhouse is a dynamic program that offers individuals hope, and the chance to move beyond their illness and achieve their full potential. The model is unique in that it is not clinical or illness-centered, and instead focuses on the strengths of each individual and the power of the clubhouse community.
Successful candidates will have an understanding of and belief in recovery as a holistic, lifelong experience for people living with mental illness. The director carries out the mission of Levin Clubhouse through this strengths-based program, which fosters dignity and mutual respect for all.
- Provides daily oversight and builds upon all aspects of clubhouse programming
- Works directly with participants and provides significant roles for them in Clubhouse program decision making. Provides crisis intervention and referrals, as needed
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff and ensures that staff engages in appropriate formal and practical training
- Develops and implements strategies for recruitment and retention of participants
- Develops relationships and partnerships with community mental health agencies, funders and other organizations in the local community
- Manages financial stability of Clubhouse, including adherence to and preparation of the annual budget, fundraising, and grant proposal preparation
- Works with management, staff, Advisory Board and Clubhouse participants to establish policy for all areas of program functioning
- Staffs and provides leadership to Clubhouse Advisory Committee. Works collaboratively with auspice agency and its Board of Directors on alignment of program/agency goals and objectives
- Responsible for ensuring that the program maintains its state licensure and accreditation certification
- Ensures that authorizations and fee-for-service billing are prepared and submitted accurately and on time
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with collaborative, flexible work style. Ability to motivate and work effectively with participants, staff and community partners
- Knowledge and comfort with mental health population/diagnoses, therapeutic interventions and crisis management
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve and implement solutions
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop and operationalize a strategic vision
- Master’s degree in human service field; Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with individuals with history of serious mental illness; minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience; OR,
- Bachelor’s degree in human service field with minimum of 5 years’ experience working with individuals with history of serious mental illness; minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience;
- Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner certificate (CPRP) strongly preferred. Must achieve certification within two years of hire
- Knowledge of Jewish culture a plus
- Computer literate, competent in Microsoft Office software. Familiarity with databases a plus
- Satisfactory driving record and current insurance
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications. Competitive benefit package includes health and dental insurance, paid time off and retirement plan with employer match.
For more information about The Sally and Howard Levin Clubhouse, visit www.howardlevinclubhouse.org
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
JRS - ATTN: Nancy E. Gale, Executive Director
2609 Murray Avenue, Suite 201
Pittsburgh PA 15217
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
JRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
I am proud to be a part of an agency that recognizes the potential for growth in both its consumers and staff members and works to empower all of us.
My years at the Clubhouse and JRS have been – and continue to be – immensely fulfilling.”